About this Guide
This guide describes basic features of Opposing Viewpoints in Context. For more in-depth help using the database, see the subtab "Resources and Tutorials," or ask a librarian.
Table of Contents:
Tab 1: About This Guide
Tab 2: Resources and Tutorials
- Links to Opposing Viewpoints Help
Tab 3: Get Started:
- Opening Screen
- Browse Topics
- Topic overview
Tab 4: Resources
- Scrolling window describing types of resources
Tab 5: Limit Results
Tab 6: Search Options
Tab 7: Advanced Search
- How to focus your search using "and," "or," or "not"
- How to limit by source type
- How to access articles.
Tab 8: Tools
- Examples of search tools, including:
- generate citations
- listen to article being read aloud
- Use author's bibliography to find more articles
About Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Opposing Viewpoints in Context provides information on controversial social issues. It includes:
- viewpoint articles
- topic overviews
- magazine, academic journal, and newspaper articles
- primary source documents
- links to Web sites.